Welcome to the Domestic Violence Court Records Australia website
This site and the associated database provides a FREE search facility to see whether a person has appeared before the courts on a domestic violence related matter. As far as we are aware, it is the only available search resource of its kind in Australia.
The data is obtained from daily court attendance list websites in five states and the Northern Territory. Usually this data is freely available on the day of publication, but is then no longer accessible. ACT records are not included as those courts do not provide offence details or matter types in their daily court listings.
Around 1,000 records are added daily
- The database contains records of court attendances, not convictions.
- Only matter types / offences using the terms: Family / Domestic Violence, Apprehended Violence, DVO and Assaults 'against child or spouse' are included in the database.
- The only form of identification is the person's name. A confirmed ID is therefore not possible.
- QLD daily court lists do not contain offences or matter types. However, we do cross-match court locations, court rooms and appearance times with Magistrate Court Calendars that do list matter types. Where multiple matter types are listed, the court record could be for a non-DV related matter.
- Please see the our data page for details of how far back the records go for each state.