Welcome to the Domestic Violence Court Records Australia website
This site and the associated database provides a FREE search facility to see whether a person has appeared before the courts on a domestic violence related matter. As far as we are aware, it is the only available search resource of its kind in Australia.
The data is obtained from daily court attendance list websites in the following states:
- The database contains records of court attendances, not convictions.
- Only matter types / offences using the terms: Family / Domestic Violence, Apprehended Violence, DVO and Assaults 'against child or spouse' are included in the database.
- The only form of identification is the person's name. A confirmed ID is therefore not possible.
- Please see the our data page for details of how far back the records go for each state.
- ACT and QLD records are not available.